Hello everyone! I am excited to begin blogging again!
I hope that this Blog post finds everyone healthy and well! It seems that we are all constantly being bombarded with Covid-19 information and statistics, Treasured Birth, LLC is one of the businesses that was required to close due to the quarantine, and direct-contact with our clients.
However, we are very excited to announce that we have been approved to begin our re-opening for business, June 1st our Minnesota Senator gave the okay for Massage businesses to re-open. This is exciting news for us — and yes, we are Open for Business; but we are including a few important changes in order to maintain the safety of both us, and our clients. Those changes are included below. We are happy to see all of you soon! Please recommend us to your friends, family, and clients (please remember that we only do massage for our women clients, however, Childbirth Education and labor support focus on couples!) Again, we are taking appointments, and scheduling classes through our website. Please visit our website at https://www.treasuredbirth.com to learn more, or to schedule your class/massage! Help us to get up and running again! We look forward to hearing from you!
A Letter to Our Clients, Friends & Family
Dear Treasured Birth, LLC Clients and Families,
We would like to share with you what we know about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and ways we are addressing potential risks at our offices, and when visiting you in your home.
In order to keep our clients and families as safe and healthy as possible, we are instituting measures to prevent potential exposure as we return back to work. The goal is to "prevent the spread". We plan to do this by following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines to help decrease the spread of illness.
First, it is important to know the symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
The current recommendation is that if you are experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19 that you isolate at home during the illness. Do not go to work, school or public areas and avoid public transportation. Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and manage your symptoms with over-the-counter medications at home. Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening (e.g., difficulty breathing). If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the dispatch personnel that you have or are being evaluated for COVID-19.
Treasured Birth, LLC, will not be testing for suspected COVID-19. We are attempting to keep a zone of wellness at either of our offices. If you suspect you have COVID-19 we suggest you contact your primary care provider. CALL AHEAD and let them know you have or suspect you may have COVID-19. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.
When to reschedule your appointment (all types of illness):
- If you have a fever. Wait until 48 hours after your fever (temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher) is gone to reschedule your visit. Temperature should be measured without the use of fever-reducing medicines (medicines that contains ibuprofen or acetaminophen).
- Individuals with suspected or confirmed flu, who do not have a fever, should stay home for at least 4-5 days after the onset of symptoms. Persons with the flu are most contagious during the first 3 days of their illness.
- You have diarrhea or a "stomach bug." Wait a minimum of 48 hours after diarrhea has resolved to reschedule your appointment.
- You have vomited in the past 24 hours.
- If you have recently traveled from China or another affected areas and have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
TREASURED BIRTH, LLC’S PREVENTION STRATEGIES
We will only be allowing one massage client at a time into the office. Please do not bring your family along for your appointment.
Upon your arrival to the office building, please wash your hands at the Prevention Station before entering, and we will be requesting that you wear a mask (we can’t provide you with one, so please bring one along).
ANYONE WHO IS EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS CANNOT BE PRESENT IN THE OFFICES, (i.e.. WAIT IN THE WAITING AREA). WE WILL REQUEST YOU TO LEAVE IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, COUGH, OR ANY OTHER POSSIBLE VIRAL SYMPTOMS.
How you can help
- Stay home if you are sick to help "stop the spread." If you have a fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, or sneeze, please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
- If you plan to bring a child with you to your visit who has the above symptoms, please stay home and reschedule your visit.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with your elbow, not your hand. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- When you get home, get in the habit of the first thing you do is wash your hands.
- Practice routine cleaning of high touch surfaces (counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and bedside tables).
We will be setting up a prevention station with hand sanitizer, and tissues when you enter either one of our offices. Before entering our office, please immediately go into the bathroom and have everyone, including children, wash their hands. While soaped up, sing the song Happy Birthday twice before rinsing. Please dispose thoroughly of your towels when finished. When you arrive for your appointment, please stop and sanitize your hands.
If you come to one of our Treasured Birth offices exhibiting flu/cold-like symptoms, we will require you to immediately leave and reschedule your appointment.
Children’s Toys in the Office
All toys have been removed from the office.
We are moving all doula prenatals and postpartum visits to online. We will use Skype, or FaceTime, or WhatsApp for our meetings. We will be contacting families who have signed up for meetings, or births in June onward with further information.
We encourage you to join our online Facebook group to stay connected to community. Join here: https://www.facebook.com/treasuredbirth1.
If You are Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Pregnant women should take the usual preventative actions to avoid infection – such as washing hands often and avoiding people who are sick. Here is an article with more specifics for breastfeeding and pregnant women: https://avivaromm.com/covid-19-pregnancy-breastfeeding/
How to Stay Healthy Every Day
These are just suggestions that are common sense and that everyone can do.
- Eat a whole foods diet. Avoid sugar.
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed by 10pm every night.
- Stay hydrated. Ensure you are drinking 60-80 ounces of water daily.
- Supplements (adult dosing)
- Multivitamin or Prenatal Vitamin – Thorne Basic Prenatal Vitamin (3 capsules a day with food) or Thorne Basic Nutrients (2 capsules a day with food)
- Vitamin D3 – 5000IU daily
- Vitamin C – During illness 1,000mg every 4 hours when you are awake. Maintenance dose is 1,000-2,000mg daily.
- Elderberry – 1 tbsp (15ml) of elderberry syrup taken three times a day to treat cold or flu symptoms OR 2 capsules (600mg) a day.
- Zinc – no more than 30mg a day.
- Probiotics – Metagenics UltraFlora Balance – 2 capsules a day
We will continue to update our recommendations as more information becomes available about COVID-19 Coronavirus. The global picture of COVID-19 is a fluid, evolving situation and although we endeavor to stay as updated as possible, the information posted here may not reflect the latest news.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Perinatal Association (NPA)
On behalf of the Providers and Staff at Treasured Birth, LLC,
Kelly Martin, Treasured Birth, LLC